Tungsten Carbide inserts have been employed as the standard gauge protection on bladed stabiliser type tools for many years - however, it has limitations, in that the matrix, which mates the insert or brick to the mandrel, once damaged or excessively worn will lift and shed the insert.
When the near gauge size element is lost, the tool is ineffective as a stabilising component, and the often expensive downhole tools within the remaining BHA will experience increased vibration and poor drilling dynamics, drill bit and overall BHA performance will suffer and the likely consequence is a premature pull out of hole.
To negate and avoid non productive time, all tools supplied by Titan Tools Services can be enhanced with Diamond finish, with either individually pelletised diamonds braised on to the exposed surfaces, or Diamond domed inserts machined into individual pockets.
This avoids the need for a ‘weak’ powder matrix, and the only surface exposed to an abrasive interaction is the diamond, which has 25 times greater wear resistance than Tungsten Carbide. The gauge inserts are inserted across the leading and trailing edges which offer added protection and a dress ability across ledges and imperfections of the borehole left by the bit.
Our diamond enhanced Stab-On-Bit Subs have a proven track record of achieving outsanding longevity in the most extreme conditions.
By delivering vastly increased gauge protection, maintaining well bore gauge, condition, BHA stability, reduced trip frequency, improved rate of penetration, reduced damage cost, this finish has proven to successfully outperform all others.
Our Diamond facing technology provides superior performance
- The product is a ratio mix of 75% Tungsten Carbide and Nickel To 25% Diamond.
- Diamond encapsulated within the insert is a synthetic diamond premium quality and is pelletized at One stone per pellet.
- This equates to 30-40 mesh size in concentration C100 (FEPA standard).
- The insert is manufactured by a Hipping Process (Hot iso static press & 100% capacity).
- Easily Applied To Stabilizer/SOB Blades
- Reduced Drill String Torque And Drag
- Maintains Hole Gauge
- Increased Protection From Wear, Prolonging Tool Life
- Cost Effectiveness
- Saves drilling time
- Fewer repairs